July 9, 2019
PROVINCE ISSUES HIGH WIND-EFFECT WARNING
FOR AREAS OF LAKE MANITOBA AND LAKE WINNIPEG
Manitoba Infrastructure’s Hydrologic Forecast Centre has issued a high wind-effect warning for the south basin of Lake Manitoba, and for the shorelines near Gimli on the west side and Victoria Beach on the east side of Lake Winnipeg.
High winds are forecast to develop around midnight and are expected to last until noon tomorrow.
Wind speed and wave action could raise levels by as much as five feet or more.
Property owners are advised to take precautions.
– 30 –
Delta Weather Forecast
- RM reviews DBA resolution and determined to proceed with Geotube removal but assures DBA on intent to lobby
- Muck holes to be filled next week
- DBA asks RM to receive assurances of flood protection before removing GeoTubes
- RM to remove all Geotubes except those west of the public campground
- Delta Beach to Construct Fish Breeding Habitat – PortageOnline.com
- It’s finally here! DBA annual BBQ is at Noon!
- This Sunday @ Noon – annual DBA BBQ
- Reminder DBA BBQ is August 11th @ noon
- Save the Date… DBA annual BBQ Sunday August 11th at Noon
- Delta Beach rated by water quality specialist – and we are in good shape!
Jody on Muck holes to be filled next… Don Clarkson on DBA asks RM to receive assuran… Colleen Pallister on DBA asks RM to receive assuran… Terry Mulvey Cabin #… on DBA asks RM to receive assuran… Colleen Pallister on DBA asks RM to receive assuran…