The RM has shared a copy of the DRAFT report KGS. Remember it’s done by engineers, so its a little difficult to de-code at first. Basically it’s a graph showing elevations of Land, buildings and existing wave protection. Here are some tips to help you read it. I’ve added the terms “Far West”, “West” and East” Beaches to help you see where things are.
Note: This is the DRAFT report. The final report isn’t ready yet.
KGS Disclaimer: KGS is not liable for any actions or decisions by third parties as a result of the report.
- The graph starts on Far West, West Most location, and moves eastward as you move to the Right
- The brown line shows lot height
- The Red Triangle shows the height of the main floor of the building
- The Green Square shows the top of existing wave mitigation structure (Rock wall or whatever you built to protect)
- The dotted line shows the level the Province has directed KGS/RM they are to protect to
- The Square boxes show what KGS is recommending.
Here is Graph for Far West and West Most Part of West Beach(Click on the graph for a bigger view):