Delta Beach Association Annual General Meeting
June 29, 2014
Executive Attendance: Don Clarkson, Kelly Tomalin, Larry Muirhead.
Regrets: Val Smith, Scott Greenlay, Rick Roy
- Adoption of the Agenda – moved by Linda Muirhead, seconded by George Robb; carried
- Minutes of 2013 AGM – moved by Doug Thompson, seconded by Bruce Sloan; carried
- Councilor Terry Simpson’s report
• Weeds on some properties require cutting. Will mention to Ron Garnham as areas dry out
• Discussed stop sign
• Dead trees north and south of Hackberry East and West. RM will meet with Larry and Dennis Nodrick regarding the dead tree. Situation. Hopefully a decision will be made by the fall.
• Paving of East and West beaches will not take place until heavy machinery has completed its work. Not likely until 2015.
• 34 East septic tank open
• RM investigating a new piece of machinery for snow removal
• Heard request for the snow to be blown to the south side of Hackberry E. and W.
- MLA Ian Wishart’s Report
• Lake Manitoba is at 813.5 with a projected peak at 813.8
• Opening emergency channel at Lake St. Martin by July 2. The government plans to run this through the winter with a drop in Lake MB of ½ foot or better predicted.
• Diversion is now open to 3000 cfs
A. There are three options to improve the flow: extra channel below Lake St. Martin (the size of the channel and the controls are all questions);
B. Diking on the river must be completed with option to taking down the dike and build up in good weather;
C. Will Saskatchewan take part in remedial water storage plan. The drainage from fields is 4X what it was 60 years ago
• Fairford bypass is 6 to 8 years away
• Declaration of emergency could speed things up. Conservative policy is to complete the outlet as soon as possible.
- President’s Report
• Road paving as per Terry’s report
• Waterflow at Fairford is on the ALMS hitlist
• Emergency channel won’t help until winter
• Future has some of the debris and trees being the responsibility of DBA
• Planning to start for playground
• Looking into dredging of channel
• Ruling on quads is that they are not allowed on the public roads
• Recycling will be on the long weekends beginning this weekend and ending in October
- Budget – Circulated and moved by Don Clarkson, seconded by Paulette Connery for $8050.00. Carried.
- Don will make application for the Hextall Grant in the fall.
- Tree Report
• Concern about leaving the trees over the road in places
• Concern about trees on private land and DBA land south of the road
• Meeting established with the RM for Monday, July 7 with Roy, Terry, Larry from RM and Larry Muirhead and Dennis Nodrick representing the Tree Committee.
• Paulette Connery suggested that the Community Foundation may be approached with a service club’s support for funding.
• RM reported that the cost for getting water to Oakland is in the neighbourhood of $10.5 million. The cost of hook-ups is rising rapidly.
Candidates for the position are all volunteer three year terms. The following have let their names stand:
Don Clarkson – East Beach
Scott Greenlay – – East Beach
Garry Wright – – West Beach
Larry Muirhead – – West Beach
Kelly Tomalin – – Village
Eric Olson – Far West BeachCandidates accepted to fill DBA Executive. Chair is chosen by the executive.
Thanks to Val Smith and Rick Roy for serving on the executive.
- Meeting adjourned at 12 noon.